It goes without saying that the human resources are the most valuable of all the assets of a hospital. What makes it crucial is the fact that the human resource in charge of involvement, handling, expertise, and commitment of its staff or human resources. To put things to deeper perspective, the hospital consultancy services in India help the hospitals to function seamlessly and efficiently.
In this piece, we have a glance at the HR management and how it can be done efficiently at hospitals.
Ways to achieve effective hospital HR management
Most of the hospital management consultancy services lay stress on the following to have an effective hospital HR management.
Improving the work system
The work system in hospital focuses on building coordination among hospital employees to improve the quality and delivery of its service. This is done by:
- Allowing the employees to participate in the enforcement of the work system by entrusting responsibilities to them.
- Every hospital needs a quality control team comprising of 4-5 members who are adept in troubleshoot local problems
- There is also an importance to establish Value Engineering which would suggest useful measures to cut down waste and improve hospital efficiency.
- Create a work culture by encouraging employees to acquire multiple skills. One way to do it is by rotating their job responsibilities on a periodic basis.
- Organize staff meetings to improve communication at all levels
- Performance evaluation on a regular basis.
Induct, train and educate employees continuously
- The hospital HR management ensures that the employees are recruited strictly based on their ability to satisfy the job requirements and also have an aptitude to work for the healthcare industry.
- At the time of induction, more and more programs must be initiated to give the employees a better understanding of job profile and responsibilities
- The existing staff also requires periodic training to upgrade their skills.
- The training must be done two-fold. In the short term, the employees must be trained to give patient satisfaction and how to reduce the delivery time. On the long term, the issue of better use of technology in improving the hospital service should be addressed.
- Medical training must be conducted for physicians, nurses, and technicians. Bedside teaching should be imparted for doctors and nurses. Likewise, the ward boys, attendants, and ambulance drivers need to be taught on how to practice waste management and oxygen therapy.
- The effectiveness of the training program should be monitored through surveys.
Ensuring employee well being and satisfaction
The same can be achieved by maintaining:
- Work atmosphere – The resource management must look into the concern of having a clean and comfortable work atmosphere for the employees wherein all the basic amenities are provided.
- Work amenities – These form the amenities of daily consumption for an employee such as an affordable canteen, subsidized healthcare for the staff, transport facilities, comfortable work timing, etc.
- Lastly, the employers must seek from the employees a feed with regard to what their grievances and needs are.