Medical equipment are a key item of any healthcare center or hospital. However, sometimes, the managers of hospitals fail to fulfil the demand of patients timely. Most of the time, the reason behind this turns out to be a lack of appropriate equipment present in the hospital.
To ensure that your hospital is utilizing each and every piece of equipment optimally along with making sure it is available in the hospital whenever its need arises, it is best to contact Health Care Equipment Planners.
Faced with openings to the future, we cannot speak of hospital technologies as a homogeneous, yet complementary whole. Its different components are transformed over time, each for its own account.
As these are coordinated parts obeying a common problem, these developments influence each other mutually. Moreover, the transformation of each part gradually modifies the configuration of the whole.
Here, the task of planning comes up as a savior. Planning requires consultation and global coordination that a Medical Equipment Planning Company can carry out effectively.
Equipment planning must respond to a public health vision based on epidemiological trends, which must be taken into account to determine the types of equipment needed according to a given medical service, the quality of the equipment, and the medical expertise required.
Medical equipment is, for the manager, the source of all kinds of difficulties, either in the purchase, in use, or in the reform of the equipment due to obsolescence and wear. For example, let us mention:
- The choice of devices of poor design and of dubious quality,
- The use of devices that are expensive to operate and complex to handle,
- An expensive and deficient maintenance service,
- Rapid obsolescence.
Besides, the maintenance of medical devices represents a major management problem, both from a preventive and a corrective point of view. Several causes are responsible for this state of affairs, in particular:
- The majority of the establishments have neither the staff nor the adequate material resources to ensure an operational maintenance service for medical devices.
- The services provided by the companies are generally very expensive, even for hospitals with service contracts. In addition, it is sometimes necessary to have several service contracts, depending on the variety of devices used.
- External services often leave something to be desired for several reasons: absence of a service center in a region, long repair times, non-availability of spare parts as well as difficulty in controlling the nature and quality of the work carried out.
- Minor problems which represent about 75% of total breakdowns would benefit from being settled by a Health Care Equipment Planner in place.
- There is an almost general absence of preventive maintenance programs that would help prevent breakage, extend the life of appliances and ensure their optimal and safe operation.
Since we can see that modern and developing hospitals often face several problems related to equipment planning, it is recommended to consult Health Care Equipment & Services Companies to get the best out of your hospital’s equipment and to provide quality health services.