The rapid obsolescence of medical devices and poor Medical Equipment Planning generates an accelerated rate of replacement, high renewal costs, additional installation costs, and difficulties of adaptation, both in terms of operation and maintenance of these devices. Along with technological progress, several causes can explain this situation:
– The desire of establishments to offer the best possible services to their clientele, a desire often materialized by the purchase of the most advanced equipment regardless of cost.
– The lack of control carried out on the technical qualities of medical equipment at the time of purchase can subsequently lead to all kinds of technical difficulties until replacement becomes inevitable.
– In the absence of adequate preventive maintenance, the increase in the frequency of breakdowns and the high costs of corrective maintenance make it, after a certain time, more profitable to renew the equipment.
In addition, the safety aspect of a medical device is of paramount importance. In addition to patients, users are also exposed to the dangers that certain devices can represent. Among the problems encountered in this regard are:
– The techniques or protocols used and not sufficiently tested.
– The omission to detect the malfunction of a device that could cause harmful effects, such as an emanation of toxic gases, a current leak, or dangerous irradiations. This type of omission is often attributable to the lack of training of the user who is not very aware of the dangers inherent in the use of certain devices.
– Handling errors, due to a lack of training, can also become the cause of dangerous conditions or inaccurate results.
For the patient, these problems mean a diminished quality of care and, in certain situations, a risk that is added to those of his condition.
The process of delivering specialist care is increasingly dependent on the availability and proper functioning of equipment. As a result, the problems that arise generally require expeditious solutions.
The administrator, therefore, finds himself faced with increasing demands, both to replace and maintain the services already in place, but also to meet the new needs brought about by technological innovation.
The introduction of a new device in service is accompanied by inevitable expenses, whether in terms of supplies, maintenance contracts, and specialized personnel. It has now become a necessity for the managers and administrators of a health establishment to take the help of Health Care Equipment & Services.
Administrators’ and professionals’ perceptions of medical equipment management differ from institution to institution.
Now the question is which of the existing management approaches in the hospital environment is the most valid from the point of view of efficiency, cost, and user satisfaction?
One cannot look to regulations and other administrative directives to find an answer to this question. Indeed, the regulations in relation to medical equipment are few and have no major significance in terms of management as such.
The control of technology is a major objective of the managers of hospitals if care is to be provided in a safe, economical, and efficient manner.
Considering all this, it becomes essential to consult Health Care Equipment & Services Companies to carry out all the tasks related to medical equipment planning. So, why delay such an important task and take the risk of making your hospital inefficient? Contact Astron Healthcare now to make your hospital more productive with effective equipment planning.